Child Support Workers Resource Centres Skolasajf 2019 - MALTA (Fifth Call)
Ref. No. 343
Child Support Workers Resource Centres Skolasajf 2019 - MALTA (Fourth Call)
Jobsplus Permit No:- 57/2019
The FES is receiving applications for the post of Child Support Workers (Resource Centres) for the Skolasajf 2019 programme starting from 8th July up till the 6th September 2019. Availabiity for the first week is required for possible training and preparation. The first day of Skolasajf for staff will be Thursday 11th July 2019. Further details will be announced later on. Rate of pay is €7.91 per hour.
The duties and responsibilities of a Child Support Worker (Resource Centres) shall include:
- Promoting at all times the aims, ethos and policies of the Foundation for Educational Services Skolasajf and actively working as a member of the staff team by supporting and collaborating with Centre Coordinator and other colleagues;
- Be knowledgeable about various disabilities / difficulties experienced by service users;
- Prepare activities and resources, as indicated by the FES Programme of Activities, that are safe, age appropriate and meet the specific needs of service users as guided by the Individual Educational Plan (IEP);
- Liaise with Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and other educational and therapeutic institutions as instructed by the Centre Coordinator;
- Participating in hydrotherapy, multi-sensory, sensory integration and other sessions, in Skolasajf Resource Centres where such services are available, so as to ensure access to educational and personal entitlements of students;
- Following guidelines in reports issued to parents by professionals/professional bodies (e.g. SPL for feeding and communication, physiotherapist for handling …)
- Supporting service users during activities held outside the Skolasajf premises.
Supporting pupils with individual educational needs in their personal care and hygiene needs. This includes:
- toileting – cleaning and washing; accompanying the child to the toilet; undressing and dressing; cleaning, washing and showering; changing of sanitary towels and incontinence pads;
- ensuring the maximum educational benefit and safety for individual pupils at all times by providing them with assistance during physical education, games, excursions and therapy sessions, as well as normal feeding during the time/s specified by the Centre.
- seeing to the mobility, posture and seating needs including lifting pupils and pushing pupils in wheelchairs according to Health and Safety Regulations issued under the Health and Safety Authority Act taking into consideration international guidelines.
The present guidelines shall be:
- lifting up to 27 kilograms shall be undertaken by one Child Support Worker;
- lifting between 28 and 54 kilograms (both inclusive) shall be undertaken by 2 persons;
- beyond 54 kilograms, a mechanical lift is to be used;
- pushing wheelchairs: up to 45 kilograms occasionally; up to 28 kilograms frequently; and up to 9 kilograms as necessary
- The CSW is to report immediately any areas of concern, such as bullying, suspected abuse on children or any other grave matter, to the Centre Coordinator and or PER.
Without prejudice to the obligations of the owner and driver of the vehicle concerned regarding the safety of passengers and the full observance of the law and regulations related to transport matters, a Child Support Worker may be required to carry out transport-related duties, with students with individual educational needs, should the requirement be indicated by the Foundation for Educational Services.
In such cases, the Child Support Worker shall:
- assist in the boarding and un-boarding of pupils on and off the transport vehicle and, in the case of students who are wheelchair/buggy users, put on the restraints on the wheelchair/buggy and also put on the passenger restraint on the students to ensure safety during transportation;
- carry out transport supervision duties to and from school when the transport of pupils during normal school hours is necessary; supervision duties carried out outside centre hours shall be remunerated at €7.91.
- The Child Support Worker, Resource Centre, shall perform other duties assigned by the Chief Executive Officer, according to the exigencies of the Foundation for Educational Services.
Rate of pay will be €7.91 per hour
The post holder is required to have:-
- A qualification pegged at MQF Level 4;
- Applicants must be able to communicate in Maltese and/or English; recognised certificates or qualifications in language proficiency in Maltese will be considered an asset.
- A police conduct ( not more than six (6) months old)
- If candidate is a previous FES employee in the role applied for, candidate is to present an FES payslip of previous employment or a copy of the contract. If not a previous FES employee, candidate has to either present the latest MEDE payslip if candidate is a MEDE employee, or a reference letter.
- Experience in working with children will be considered an asset for this position;
- 18 years of age or older to be eligible to apply for this position.
Applications are to be submitted online including the uploading of copies of qualifications and other documentation. Original certificates are to be presented at the interview. Those who have already occupied this role with FES during the past year (2018) and who provided proof in this regard, will by pass the interview. This depends also on previous performance with FES.
Throughout the application process you will be asked to specify your preferred localitites. This information is required to help us faciliate the placing process. However, kindly note that placementns finally depend on rankings achieved during interviews and on the needs of the centre.
Closing date of this application is the 31st May 2019 at noon.
For additional information of assistance with your application kindly send email on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Before proceeding with your application kindly confirm you have scanned copies of the following documents
- Police Conduct Certificate
- FES Payslip/contract for same role, MEDE payslip or reference letter
- To upload O level in Maltese or English or qualifications in language proficiency, in Maltese and/or English.
- MQF Level 4