Playworkers Klabb 3-16 (Part-time) - Ref. No: 1010
Ref. No: 1010
Jobsplus Permit Number: 451-2021
This is an ongoing call for applications with the closing date being end of June 2023.
The Foundation for Educational Services (FES) is seeking a number of Playworkers on a part-time basis to join the Foundation on an indefinite contract for our after school Klabb 3-16 service.
During the scholastic term, the Playworkers will be expected to provide support/assistance in the day-to-day operation of the Klabb 3-16 Programme. They are also expected to undertake face to face work with the children in delivering the programme of activities. They will be responsible for ensuring the safety of children at the centre as well as maintaining positive relationships with service users. During the scholastic term, the opening core hours of the service are from September till end of May between 2.30pm and 6:00pm and in June from 12:30 till 5:30pm, depending on the requirements of the centre.
During the period of Skolasajf, the Playworkers will be expected to prepare and implement a variety of appropriate play opportunities including sports, games, crafts and learning activities for children some of whom may require special attention and/or originate from diverse cultural and religious backgrounds. They will be responsible for ensuring the safety of children at the centre as well as maintaining positive relationships with service users. In general, the Playworkers are to provide support / assistance in the day-to-day operation of the Skolasajf Programme and to undertake face to face work with the children in delivering programmes of activities.
Playworkers will be paid at the rate of €7.27 per hour. In addition, the Officer shall receive any bonuses and any other benefits which s/he is entitled to in terms of law on a pro-rata basis. Playworkers will work on a roster basis in line with the service exigencies.
The post holder is required to have:
A detailed CV;
- Candidate must present:
- Either a qualification pegged at MQF Level 4 or
- Two Qualifications pegged at MQF Level 3 (in either Maltese, English, Mathematics, Sciences, Information Technology, and Environmental Studies), or;
- 2 years’ experience working with a group of children in a registered institution (proof is to be uploaded), or ;
- Confirmation of acceptance into the course for play workers organised by FES.
- Ability to communicate in Maltese and/or English;
- A police conduct (issued within the past six months). In order to apply online for your police conduct please follow this link > https://kondotti.gov.mt/
- If candidate is a previous FES employee s/he is to present a payslip or a scanned copy of the previous contract or the FS3. If candidate is new to FES s/he is to present a character reference letter.
- Eligibility candidates have to be 18 years of age. If 17 years old, than the candidate needs to present the certificate of completion of the playworker's development course.
Applications are to be submitted online including the uploading of copies of qualifications and other documentation. Original certificates are to be presented at the interview.
Closing date: This is an ongoing call for applications with the closing date being end of June 2023. Due to the demand of the service, the interviews will be held periodically depending on the need and vacancies available.
For additional information or assistance with your application kindly send email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Before proceeding with your application kindly confirm you have scanned copies of the following documents
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) - Recently updated
- Police Conduct - issued within the past six months
- Reference: Either FES payslip/contract in role applied for or MEYR payslip or character reference letter
- Level 3 Certificate (O-Level) or Language Proficiency Certificate in Maltese and/or English
- MQF Level 4 Certificate or two (2) MQF Level 3 Certificates or two (2) yearsâ€™ experience working with children or attending a higher institution or Playworkers Development course acceptance/certificate