Centre Coordinator Resource Centre GOZO (Second Call)
Ref. No. 316
Centre Coordinators Resource Centres GOZO (Second Call)
Jobsplus Permit No:- 53/2019
- Ensuring that the programme of activities delivered is interesting, valuable and appropriate to the children using the facilities.
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of children.
- Ensuring that parents, carers and other visitors are made to feel welcome on visiting the play facility and that they receive appropriate information and advice.
- Maximising the learning value of the activities by planning and evaluating activities.
- Contributing to the accountability of the centre through assisting in the maintenance of agreed records including registers, contracts, doctors, accident books, financial transactions etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Service Management (Planning, Development, Implementation and Evaluation)
- Ensure the Centre complies with all FES policies.
- Follow the child protection procedures adopted by Directorate for Educational Services, and undertake first line child protection measures, reporting areas of concern to the relevant authorities.
- Check that play conditions conform to the appropriate health and safety standards and are suitable for the group and activity planned.
- Contribute to the Service’s responsibility for continuously checking that the premises, fences, gates, etc. are secure, reporting defects promptly to the Senior Executive.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the service.
- Assure classrooms and other shared school space is well maintained and left as found.
- Oversee the planning, preparation and implementation of a variety programme of activities catering for the specified age group(s).
- Evaluate events and activities and contribute to the development of the service including making recommendations for change and development of the activities.
- Ensure the safe supervision of children with regard to the duty of care.
- Supervise the provision of a high quality service for children and to ensure the safe use of equipment and facilities without endangering themselves or other users.
- Submit monthly student attendance on a time basis.
- Co-ordinate with student support services within the DES.
B. Human Resources Management (Recruitment, Co-ordination and Collaboration)
- Facilitate regular after school staff meetings.
- Co-ordinate staffing and rostering of staff
- Monitor staff/child ratios
- Oversee the staff interaction with children.
- Ensure policies regarding equity, behaviour, bullying, dress, etc. amongst children and staff are known and adhered to.
C. Communication (Networking – Community development, Promotion)
- Develop and maintain a high level of communication and positive relationships with the College Principal, Head of School, office staff, parents and Skolasajf staff.
- Liaise and communicate effectively with parents.
- Provide programme orientation, encourage involvement, and maintain contact with families and school.
- Organise regular special events encouraging the participation of parents.
- Follow the FES procedures for dealing with complaints.
- During Skolasajf, the Centre Coordinator is to report immediately any areas of concern, such as bullying, suspected abuse on children or any other grave matter, to the Programme Coordinator at FES, Head Office. During Skolasajf the Centre Coordinator is to immediately report such matters to his / her assigned Regional Coordinato
- Facilitate partnerships with appropriate public and private agencies, which provide services for the students and families.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with community-based organisations, public agencies, local organisations and entities (e.g. parish) and other collaborators.
- Ensure recording of behavioural problems.
- Ensure recording of all accidents / incidents.
- Maintain the quality system and report any deviations from the intended system.
- Responsible for dealing with discipline issues and following up with the Manager Services
- Responsible for ordering, preparing, and documenting delivery of healthy snacks.
- Responsible for processing timesheets and other information to be sent to the Programme Secretary on a four weekly basis.
- Collection of extra-hours fees (where applicable);
- Responsible for Petty cash receipts and expenditure;
- Track games/craft, stationery, sporting equipment, electrical goods and paper work requirements.
- Monitor rosters to ensure effective hours.
E. Other Duties
- The Officer shall perform other duties assigned by the Chief Executive Officer, FES according to the exigencies of the Foundation for Educational Services.
By the closing time and date of this call for applications, applicants must be in possession of the below eligibility criteria:
- In possession of a recognised degree at MQF Level 6, in (i) Education or (ii) Social Sciences or equivalent, plus three (3) years relevant work experience
- In possession of a qualification MQF Level 5, in (i) Education or (ii) Social Sciences or equivalent, plus (i) experience working with the FES as Acting Centre Coordinator or two (2) years ( i.e. 24 months) work experience with FES as a Playworker with extra responsibilities (PER)
- Ability to communicate in both Maltese and English.
- A police conduct ( not more than three (3) months old)
- If candidate is a previous FES employee in the role applied for, candidate is to present an FES payslip of previous employment or a copy of the contract. If not a previous Fes employee, candidate has to either present the latest MEDE payslip if candidate is a MEDE employee, or a reference letter.
IBAN and Bank name shall be requested.
For further information on the FES Data Protection policy kindly access the following link:- https://fes.gov.mt/en/Pages/gdpr.aspx
Applications are to be submitted online including the uploading of copies of qualifications and other documentation. Original certificates are to be presented at the interview. Those who have already occupied this role with FES during the past year (2018) and who provided proof in this regard, will by pass the interview. This depends also on previous performance with FES.
Closing date of this application is the 25th March 2019 at noon.
For additional information of assistance with your application kindly send email on:
Before proceeding with your application kindly confirm you have scanned copies of the following documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- Police Conduct Certificate
- FES Payslip/contract for same role, MEDE payslip or reference letter