Sports Playworkers Skolasajf 2019 - MALTA (Second Call)
Ref. No. 307
Sports Playworkers Skolasajf 2019 - MALTA (Second Call)
Jobsplus Permit No:-25/2019
The Foundation for Educational Services (FES) is receiving applications for the post of part-time Sports Playworkers to work during the Skolasajf 2019 programme starting from the 8th July up till the 6th of September 2019. Availability for the first week is required for possible training and preparation. The first day of Skolasajf for staff will be Thursday 11th July 2019. Further details will be announced later on. Rate of pay is €6.50 per hour.
- To provide support / assistance in the day to day operation of the Skolasajf Programme;
- To undertake work with the children in delivering programmes of Sports activities in person.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the implementation of the Sports Programme in the assigned centre/s, as guided by the Skolasajf Sports Manual;
- Ensure that the programme of Sports activities delivered is interesting, valuable and appropriate to the children using the facilities by providing a variety of play and learning opportunities and identifying and accommodating changing needs;
- Maximising the learning value of the activities through planning, evaluation and self-reflection. Keeping in mind that some children may require special attention and/or will have come from various cultural and religious backgrounds.
- Providing a positive model of behaviour, by being well acquainted with FES policies & procedures and ensuring that such policies are being followed.
- Ensuring that parents, carers and other visitors are made to feel welcome on visiting the Centre and that they receive appropriate information, advice and feedback through the Centre Coordinator.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of programme users through the checking of equipment, undertaking first line safety measures and organising sports activities appropriate to the users at any given time;
- Ensure that all sports equipment is well maintained; that any sports equipment used is safe for the service users and that it is put away after use;
- Ensure that all sports equipment is used safely by all service users;
- Ensure that the sports equipment needed for the different games is prepared every morning prior to the start of the sport programme;
- Ensure that the Centre Coordinator is informed of any Sports equipment that is found damaged before and after any sports activity;
- Maximise the learning value of the activities by planning and evaluating activities;
- In liaison with the Child Support Workers, assist in the provision of a variety of appropriate play opportunities for children some of whom may require special attention and/or will have come from various cultural and religious backgrounds;
- Lead groups of children in specific sport, games, crafts and other learning activities. Manage behaviours and adapt the activity to meet the needs of groups or individuals. Prepares for activities; Following planning, resources are to be prepared prior to the activity.
- The Sports Playworker is to immediately report any areas of concern, such as bullying, suspected abuse on children or any other grave matter, to the Centre Coordinator and or PER.
- Liaise with the Centre Coordinator and other Skolasajf staff to organise and lead sports activities and organise a sports day towards the end of Skolasajf
- Contribute to the accountability of the centre through assisting in general administration as directed by the Centre Coordinator or his delegate;
- The sports activities will run between 9am and 11am. The Sports Playworker will be assigned other duties by the Centre Coordinator or his delegate, according to the exigencies of the service, during the other service hours between 8:15am and 12:45pm. The sports playworker may also be asked to work between 7am and 5:30pm in centres which offer the extended service;
- The sport playworker may also be asked to fulfil the role of a playworker and manage a class, according to the exigencies of the service;
- The sport playworker may be expected to attend training sessions as requested by FES management. These hours will be remunerated at the same rate.
Without prejudice to the obligations of the owner and driver of the vehicle concerned regarding the safety of passengers and the full observance of the law and regulations related to transport matters, a Playworker may be required to carry out transport-related duties, with a child individual educational needs, should the requirement be indicated by the Foundation for Educational Services.
In such cases, the Playworker shall:
- assist in the boarding and un-boarding of pupils on and off the transport vehicle and, in the case of pupils who are wheelchair/buggy users, put on the restraints on the wheelchair/buggy and also put on the passenger restraint on the pupils to ensure safety during transportation;
- carry out transport supervision duties to and from school when the transport of pupils during normal school hours is necessary; supervision duties carried out outside centre hours shall be remunerated at € 6.50.
- The Officer shall perform other duties assigned by the Chief Executive Officer, FES according to the exigencies of the Foundation for Educational Services.
The post holder is required to have:
l. Qualification pegged at MQF Level4, or;
ll. Two Qualifications pegged at MQF Level 3 (in either Maltese, English, Mathematics, Sciences, lnformation Technology, and Environmental Studies), or;
lll. 2 years experience working with a group of children in a registered institution (proof is to be uploaded), or;
lV. Attending a higher institution (proof of attendance is to be uploaded).
- Applicants must be able to communicate in Maltese and/or English; recognised certificates or
- qualifications in language proficiency, in Maltese andior English will be considered an asset.
- Applicants need to be 18 years of age or older;
- A police conduct (not more than six months old)
- lf candidate is a previous FES employee in the role applied for, candidate is to present an FES payslip of previous employment or a copy of the contract. lf not a previous FES employee, candidate has to either present the latest MEDE payslip if candidate is a MEDE employee, or a reference letter signed by a professional who knows the candidate well.
IBAN and Bank name shall be requested.
For further information on the FES Data Protection policy kindly access the following link:- https://fes.gov.mt/en/Pages/gdpr.aspx
Applications are to be submitted online including a copy of original documentation required. Those who have already occupied this role with FES during the past year (2018) and who provided proof in this regard, will by pass the interview.
Throughout the application process you will be asked to specify your preferred localitites. This information is required to help us faciliate the placing process. However, kindly note that placementns finally depend on rankings achieved during interviews and on the needs of the centre.
Deadline for applications is 25th March 2019 at noon.
For additional information or assistance with your application kindly send email on: email@example.com
Before proceeding with your application kindly confirm you have scanned copies of the following documents
- Police Conduct Certificate
- MQF level 4 / 2 MQF level 3 OR Attending a higher institution OR acceptance to pw course or experience
- Latest FES payslip and payslip or contract if already worked in this role Skolasajf 2018
- To upload O level in Maltese or English or qualifications in language proficiency, in Maltese and/or English.