Tutors Klabb 3-16 (Part-Time) - Ref. No: 1012
Ref. No: 1012
JobsPlus Permit Number: 248/2022
This is an ongoing call for applications with the closing date being end of June 2023.
The Foundation for Educational Services (FES) is seeking a number of homework Tutors on a part time basis to join the Foundation on an indefinite contract for our after school Klabb 3-16 service which is organised from the end of September till the end of June on a yearly basis.
Tutors will be paid at the rate of €12.15 per hour. In addition, the Officer shall receive any bonuses and any other benefits which s/he is entitled to in terms of law on a pro-rata basis. The opening core hours of the service are between 2.30pm and 6.00pm depending on the requirements of the centre. Tutors are expected to work between 3.00pm and 5.00pm from the end of September till end of May and between 12:30pm till 2:30pm in June with a required minimum of three shifts per week.
The Tutor's role is to help students:
- Achieve better mental focus, time management, and organisation skills.
- Understand different academic concepts.
- Complete homework assignments to the best of the student’s ability.
- Improve writing and numerical skills.
- Help form a positive social environment with other students.
- Learn to feel like respected and valued members of the school community.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Attend a tutor training session as directed by the Centre Co-ordinator.
- Suitably honour the roster issued by the Centre Co-ordinator, unless otherwise advised.
- Assist learners with their homework, and with reading and writing skills and activities.
- Respond to emails and/or phone calls from the Centre Co-ordinator.
- Keep record of attendance and activities completed with the learner, using the forms provided by FES.
- Participate in organising special events and activities for students.
- Provide appropriate feedback wherever necessary to the Centre Co-ordinator.
- Other duties that may be delegated to him/her by his/her seniors.
Responsible for the group of students being assigned to them on the day with respect to:
- Academic work
- Class control
- Health and safety of the children
- Keeping record of work
The post-holder shall be accountable to the Centre Co-ordinator or his/her delegate. The post-holder will be expected to work without constant supervision. The post holder might be required to perform other duties in specific programmes.
By the time of application the candidate is to present:-
A detailed Curriculum Vitae;
- A copy of the Teacher’s Warrant;
- A copy of the MQF Level 6 qualification in teaching;
- Proof of minimum of two year’s teaching experience;
- And a copy of the police conduct (issued within the past six months).
- Applicants need to be able to communicate in Maltese and English;
- Availability from 3 to 5pm from September till end of May and from 12:30pm till 2:30pm in June;
- Proof that candidate is a MFED employee (provide GP47) or reference letter from the head of school.
Applications are to be submitted online including the uploading of copies of qualifications and other documentation. Original certificates are to be presented at the interview.
Closing date: This is an ongoing call for applications with the closing date being end of June 2023. Due to the demand of the service, the interviews will be held periodically depending on the need and vacancies available.
For additional information of assistance with your application kindly send email on: email@example.com
Before proceeding with your application kindly confirm you have scanned copies of the following documents
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) - Recently updated
- Police Conduct - issued within the past six months
- Reference: Either FES payslip/contract in role applied for or MEYR payslip or character reference letter
- Level 3 Certificate (O-Level) or Language Proficiency Certificate in Maltese and/or English
- Employment history issued by Jobsplus as proof of experience
- Teacherâ€™s Warrant
- MQF Level 6 Certificate in Teaching